Saturday 14 February 2009

Winter: Not much progress






Progress over the autumn and winter has been very slow. I have decided that I should not dismantle the deck or any more internally until the keel has been dropped and the wooden keel replaced. To this end I have been building a wooden cradle that Esliina can be lifted into leaving the ballast keel on the ground.


The keel bolts will not be unscrewed and having sliced through one it is obvious why. Somehow both bolt and surrounding nut have developed into an 'ovoid' shape, so no amount of brute force is going to shift them.


I had bought myself a Black and Decker angle grinder but after half hour use it packed in. So no more Black & Decker tools for me.


I have purchased some timber for the planking. This timber was for sale on ebay at a very attractive price. Although descbibed as Mahogany, I have yet to establish the true nature of this timber. It might end up back on Ebay.

No comments: